Friday 7 August 2015

Hundertwasser

I have always loved vivid colours, patterns and textures. When I was 17 I discovered in Carmel College Library a book on Hundertwasser. It was in german, but had many pictures of his work. It inspired me and spoke to my heart. The celebration of colour and print technique fascinated me and I based my Alevel textile piece around his work.

When I was in Geneva I was very excited to see that there was a small Hunterwasser exhibition on at the gallery near the lake. I spent an hour and a half gazing at posters and beautiful models of buildings he had wanted to build. 

Hundertwasser was ethically minded. He was passionated about ecology and the power of trees and nature. His political views influenced his work, and he has always been a source of inspiration to me. 

To my delight, a week later I had the opportuning to visit one of his realised buildings. It was in the next town to where we were staying in the german part of Switzerland, in St. Gallen.

Artist Sara Riesenmey 





No comments:

Post a Comment