Saturday 8 August 2015

Europe Reflections

As I blog, I am awear of how many interesting people I have met and places I have visited. At the begining of June I was in Copenhagen, then Amsterdam, Switzerland and now Germany. I am six weeks into my project, and fly out tomorrow to Brazil for three weeks to continue my investigations.

I have been thinking about the best ways to represent my findings when I return from my travels to England.  I am currently thinking that a small book sharing my experiences and ways of linking artists and care homes up to run projects will be a good way of doing this. I have met fascinating and inspiring people, and it would be lovely to share and celebrate their work and show the scope of artistic projects that can happen in care home settings.

I have had the opportunity to run two projects with Sara Riesenmeny, a Swiss based artist.


The first project 'Immersion à la Chaumiere' looked at how every day objects could be used to record extracts of people's life histories. The second looked at the power of objects to tell lifestories, which we then photographed, annotated and printed out and framed for people.





No comments:

Post a Comment