Wednesday 26 August 2015

Brazil in a nutshell - Sao Paulo

I've been in Brazil for three weeks and I've fell in love with the country! The arts, culture and the lovely people. For the first week I stayed in Sao Paulo, in a fabulous hostel in Vila Mariana.

This is the arty bit of Sao Paulo. Vila Magdelena is only a few stops on the metro, which is where all the fabulous boho shops and bars are.


I spent a day with Cris Anauate. A wonderful art therapist who has a fabulous arts centre who runs art sessions with people with dementia.


The centre is decorated by lots of beautiful art works both from Cris and her students. It is a warm, inspiring and inviting place and you can feel the love and care of people there when you walk in.

I ran a storytelling project over three days with Dividiane Sa Goncalves. Divi is a talented photographer and set up meetings for me with three older people. She also was my translator as my Potuguese is not existent! 

In Brazil older people are looked after by relatives, as the care homes are too expensive. 



We recorded these ladies stories as well as taking photos of them with the objects or  photos they wanted to speak about.


No comments:

Post a Comment